Bob Jazz.
Thanks for the info, very appreciated.

Yes ive been watching the ryzens..your correct….
That ryzen 5600g has a cpu mark of 19000 plus thats higher than i5 11400.
Thats a very good pc deal .

Would you have any real life studio results using that ryzen ?
Eg….
.. estimate roughly of max trak //plug in counts ? can it handle 100 traks ? 100 plugins ?
I would never reach those stats..but nice to have power reserves.
I DO realise cpu power is just one factor.
..can it handle multiple high resource usage orchestra libs ?
This is where lots of small studios get into problems cos such libs can bring a system down ,........
particularly on one drive pc’s whereby that one drive pc is also multitracking and running win on the same one drive. So i advocate 3 ssd’s as i said up thread.

Also i dont like massive multi tbyte drives. I only do one song at a time..so 2 x 256 gb ssd’s is plenty for me.
and a big drive obviously for sample libs etc.
Cos once ive finished a song i archive it off the pc to multiple back ups.

..right now on my now 6 years old i5 , win boots in a few secs , as do apps like bb/rb/reaps etc.
And latency with audient interface is 4 ms reaps reports.
Does the 5600g boot fast ??// apps boot fast ?.

ANY real life stats on that ryzen system bob per above would be great input for me.
I’m keeping completely open minded.
I want a new pc cos i want to explore more the synergy of orchestra and rock…lol.
Obviously cos i cant afford to hire a big orchestra like big studios used to do in decades past…
cos there were big budgets in those eras.

Finally i’m trying to figure out how the ryzens stack up vs the lovely apple M silicon in studio daily use.

at this point i'm investigateing pc mainboards that support muiltiple nvme/m.2 ssd's

Happiness .
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)