nvme/m.2 ssd's have nothing to do with the CPU (as I understand it) .. if the MB supports the drive it should work as expected. I am pretty sure I have these ports available on this machine, but haven't experimented due to lack of perceived need.

As another AMD Ryzen user (for years) I have never had a problem with them as far as track counts or plugins (not yet anyway), and we're not shy to try plugins whether we keep them for a particular project or not, which means lots of experimenting with different stuff. You've seen my estimated RB track count previously. Seems sufficient <grin>.

As a rule I'm OK with running the main app (Reaper/RB, etc.) on the same drive as OS, but libraries, the drive being used to record to (write to) etc., I usually try to keep separate.
I'd rather write to one drive and use another for reading. Less thrash.
In RB this is called the Temp Audio Directory, in Reaper it has a different name (I think it is in the target project folder from memory) but it exists.

Anyway I have been impressed with the Ryzen's, and would definitely recommend considering them.
I haven't had a Windows machine that booted from a true full reboot in seconds for a long time, if ever, but I can say, if I just let it go to sleep and then wake it up, I can log in faster than my monitor boots .. so kind of a moot point; I have to wait for the monitor anyway. I can type in the PIN while the mnitor is still turning on, and then wait for it to actually display. This is probably 10 seconds or so for this particular monitor.

The one caveat I would advise on, is that many of these Ryzen processors do not support acting as the graphics card, which forces you to have an individual one, which isn't a bad thing .. doesn't take much of a graphics card to run RB or Reaper .. I think I bought my last one for about $30 and it takes the graphics and RAM off the system load (or helps anyway).
Just some thoughts.

I 'feel' my home built Ryzen 5 machine compares favorably with my Dell HP Envy i7 for just about anything I throw at it. I haven't done any empirical testing, just my impression, since I have both.

Again, just my observation/experience/thoughts
YMMV

Oh, and if you are considering going Mac (Apple) you have left my realm .. . I don't have the patience to learn another OS and the omplications. I got music to make.

/to quote Jerry Reed; I got that music in me and it's got to come out, I gotta be just what I am .. I'll tell you folks about the way I feel, I'm too lazy to work and too scared to steal ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XXzS1jti0&list=PL9FD60D319194C3A2&index=3

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome