My addition to this thread is a sad one that stems from a meeting with reality yesterday.

I had to play a part on a song that was nothing more than an 8 bar complimentary line to a lead line. I struggled with that simple part for an hour. My hands and fingers never followed what my brain was telling them to do, and the pain in my hand was extreme to a level that it still hurts me right now, over 24 hours later. And now I have to finally say it out loud.

I just can't do this anymore.

I simply have to admit that old age and arthritis has defeated me. I have decided that I will keep the Telecaster, the Jazzmaster, and the St Vincent because they have personal meaning to me, but the other 7 guitars will go either on Craigslist or to my local music store for consignment sales. The pain in my fingers and wrist was so bad that my eyes were tearing up. I lied to myself for the last few years that I was just out of practice, but the truth is what the truth is. And being of the school that instruments are supposed to be played and not displayed, it's time to move them along into younger hands that still actually play.

It's a bummer, but it is what it is.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.