Rharv.
The nvme/m.2 ssd’s was just an aside…a new pc will only be as strong as its weakest link.
I just dont want to get a new pc , and then load up a heavy duty orchestra lib plug in in bb ot rb or reaps and find the new pc goes down the proverbial or fall flat on its A.
So i figure i’m gonna need 3 uber fast internal ssd’s…for win…recording/playback…and a big un’ ssd for sample lib. Tbytes etc.

A q’ for you. Your mainboard in your ryzen pc…can you swap out later the existing ryzen cpu
for a higher spec ryzen/threadripper ? is the mainboard that flexible re cpu future upgrade ?

Up to this point my existing i5 has been a stalwart and i know its limits…so any new pc has to blow it away.

The basic prob is some big orch libs plug ins can really chew up pc resources.

I nearly plopped for a retail ryzen pc awhile back…but i was kinda put off cos lots of retail
pc’s have bloatware/trialware on them as the manufacturers have thin profit margins.
Its darn difficult cos i have no clue as to how much an i9 would be better in practical terms.

Talk about a quandary as to best route to take…lol
and i'm not looking forward to loading my stuff up on any new pc.

best
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)