"I guess that the situation here is to provide a consistent and common way to perform these functions."

I agree and that's the point I'm making in my earlier post.

The author's original post is specific to RealTracks/Audio. The concern is an audio specific task currently shared between The Audio Edit Window and Bar Settings. Both work but the Audio Editor is the better choice. It's a consistent way to edit muting and the other audio editing tasks while also being common to all of the Mixer Tracks and to all BIAB versions. As noted in the author's original post, Bar Settings aren't available on Utility Tracks. Other types of files don't display in the Audio Edit Window and aren't necessary to discuss because they're off topic to the audio question at hand.

Another common answer to this and similar queries made in past posts is to export audio tracks to a DAW for simple audio editing tasks. My opinion, position and suggestion is that in BIAB's current version, the most convenient, consistent and efficient method to achieve quick, quality audio edits is to use the BIAB Audio Edit Feature. In regard to audio, the Audio Edit Window exceeds the precision, speed of execution and also gives the user visual awareness of the waveform over using Bar Settings. In 2022, in regard to audio; The Audio Edit Window is an improved, updated and superior alternative to the antiquated Bar Settings Feature.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 04/27/22 07:48 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.