Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Mark, I was hoping from all people you could sing along. You are such a musical genius! singing along in Dutch is a piece of cake for you, I thought...

I did sing along in Dutch! Well, not really, but I did try to imagine what it would feel like, part of why I held off on reading the English translation until later.

Hans: please know that when listening to your song in the SoundCloud iPad app, there is (as far as I can tell) no way to display the lyrics, which I only know about from seeing them in a desktop browser.

That being said, I was listening in a browser when I wrote that comment, by which I meant that flipping back and forth to the translation while listening would be a very distracting way to try to take in a new piece. I can also enjoy hearing song in another language, even if I don’t understand the words; Dutch is especially musical with all its complex articulations.

Thank you for your kind words and apologies for any offense given. I should have been clearer that I intended to read the translation after listening.