Mario.
Thanks for contributing to this thread.
Heres my situation up to this point.
ive done bout 90 songs this way useing bb//rb//reaps combo.

I typically am happy with the bb/rb RT’s for song foundation and bed traks..BUT..
I often struggle to find a solo RT i really like. Eg today i spent lots of time trying to find a solo i liked. Often i have to do lots of “massaging” of a solo and reamping triks to get what is in my mind…thus..
i really dont like the metal RT's for example.
as well as various other rock solos.

Ive been really looking heavily at various vsti’s…but of course they have their own plusses and minuses.
One prob i have with bb RT’s is i rarely find a rock solo guitar i like. Just dont float my boat…so i massage the trak often with my own guitar and various subtleties etc.

Overall i’m looking for vsti flexibility , but one concern i have with any expensive lib is not just the time spent on the “golden nugget sound pictures” that take a song to the next level,...worried bout wading thru' loads of menus etc.
also if i spend mucho dollars on a high end lib…..will i keep on having to pay and pay as new sounds are introduced. I dont want to get on that wheel…sorta like the monthly cable bill or taxes and bills that never end in ones life…lol. If you notice lots of companies selling stuff these days want to get money from you every month.
they want that verified cash flow. Very few often , after the initial purchase have free upgrades for a number ofreleases.
One reason i like reaps is the fair biz model, like pg too with inexpensive yearly upgrades for ultrapak users.

I think mario prolly my best bet is, eg the ryzen series…see what i can do with a R5…then replace on mainboard with a R7 …etc etc. same idea if i go intel…upgradeable mainboard....
i5>i7>i9 sorta idea.

Like you i cant afford big dollar libs even tho’ i often like their sounds.
Like you i enjoy doing “ditties”...sometimes crazy rockers and sometimes more MOR or ballads.

my overall concept is how one can use orchestral sounds in rockers....and various genres.
Eg the procol harem classic done with the edmonton symphony orchestra.
Its amazing how long ago that was done…one of my fav songs....a total brilliant classic.

I don't want to copy obviously …i just like the concept of rock with an orchestra.

Happiness mate.
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/28/22 01:29 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)