Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
The modern age is the disposable age. Perhaps that needs to change, overconsumption and disposal of manufactured products is a major source of pollution.

Can't help you with finding the parts but as for this comment this has been a pet peeve of mine for 20 years or more. The question is why did it happen? It's because we're all cheap and want things at the best price. <...snip...>

I definitely agree.

And it's the reason why we don't have local mom & pop music stores anymore.

Instead, we have to either go to a big-box store with minimum wage employees who know less about music than you do, or order something on-line and wait for it.

All because people wanted so save a dime on a pack of strings.

Sorry, I mourn the loss of my local store, and the owner who not only knew me gave me great advice for me specifically, but let me try gear out on the gig to help me decide if it was right for me, and had a place where musicians could hang out ant talk shop.

As we progress in time, so many new, better things come our way, but we also lose some things that were better. I guess that's just life.

Notes ♫

There are still a few of those type stores around, but they are a dying breed for sure. When I was about 15, I used to hang out at my local music store, Key's Music in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Mr. Keys would leave me in charge while he went to lunch next door at the little cafe. He let me play any guitar in the store for as long as I wanted, and used to give me mini lessons during the slow times (which was most of the time!). Some of the people at Guitar Center do a good job, and know what they are talking about, many don't.

Manufacturers can pay some Asian company which pays their employees way, way less than our workers here want and make all the crap they need.

I have no problem paying top dollar for a quality product. I am probably in the minority though. Most people want it cheap and fast. Fast is becoming a thing of the past too now though. Everything is sitting in a container on a ship waiting on somebody to give space to unload, then waiting on a truck to take it somewhere, with diesel over $5.00 or more a gallon.

Talk about getting off topic!

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.