Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Etcjoe.
Sounds like you have a very interesting system there.
Would you be good enough and share config details eg processor etc ?
And how many traks max and vi’s it will do max ?
Yes i do things currently as per your method…mixdown to stereo then a vi at a time if the
Pc gets too bogged down on a big project.
I’m having fun with the extra bb utility traks in 2022. Lots of good stuff and triks to experiment with .

Mario.
..i havent plunged into kontakt yet cos i'm worried bout pc load.
..yes i'm aware of midi control nuances //control etc but not an expert like you.
..i'm not an expert at orchestration mate...lol.
..yep bluecat is good stuff.
..i love ph conquistador.

ps mario..youve heard a few of my looney/mor etc tunes i have fun with...do you think they are worth it ? lmao.
its all fun to me.

Happiness.
om

I don't know the limit of how many I can use, but I have had 36 tracks going, with multiple VSTs in use across the whole project. I use Kontakt, Native Instruments Komplete, IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 mostly. My system is nothing special:
It is a Dell, 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11700 @ 2.50 GHz, 64 GB ram (which is key for lots of VSTs is my understanding) A couple of SSD's with the library stuff on them.

I make sure the only thing running is whatever Windows 11 needs to run and my DAW and VSTs. I have cleaned up my startup so the bare minimum runs at startup, system drive is an SSD and I get from cold to windows in about 13 seconds.

I routinely do some maintenance, getting rid of clutter etc. as it is the same machine I use for everything in my life. I haver some external drives that I do backups to, just in case.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.