Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
J/B
i'm the same. i force myself to work with the gear i have.
the problem ive got going to the next level of adding big sample libs to my rig to augment the RT's and RD's is i dont wanna spend loads of time doing downloading and installing and going thru loads of menus. cos it can chew up time. thus i'm hunting for sample libs that are easy to use/deal with. without dongle/security stuff.
one reason ive stayed with pg is the security stuff is easy to register etc etc. and fair and non intrusive.
same with reaper...it dont hassle moi.
same reason i use computer music uk plug ins in some songs...they dont hassle moi.

happiness to you both..the total talent team.
om

om, if you want good libraries you will spend a lot of time downloading. Good libraries are a lot bigger than GM.

No matter what you get there will be a learning curve. A lot of software like Kontakt and Sampletank are very easy to use, for instance just pick a sound and let BiaB MIDI supply the notes. After that if you really need you can get into the deep part of Kontakt; I don't have much knowledge about Sampletank. Note that I rarely get into the deep parts of Kontakt.

Kontakt is very easy to activate as are most of third party libraries for it. Once activated you are finished, just like PGM.

I think you may be over reacting when thinking about good libraries. Most of them are like plug n play; that is you pick a sound and you're finished. The biggest learning curve will be learning MIDI, regardless of the library. YMMV

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware