HI Josie, Dave, Derochette (JJJ) and Ray,

Thank you all for stopping by and practise your knowledge of the Dutch language. But I'm a bit worried; all of you said they didn't understand a word of it. While I spoke as slowly as I could and articulated as best as I could.
Now you understand why I rather sing in English, although my sister, living in Australia, thinks I better stay singing Dutch. Don't know why...

Originally Posted By: Sundance
I guess music is the universal language. Such a pretty melody and arrangement even though I didn't understand a word. And the mix, the vocal and the harmonies all sounded great to me.
Josie

Hi Josie, yes, I also think music is -in a way- universal, although there are some differences of opinion on this.
Thanks for your compliments. and the lyrics: about me, explaining my life in a nutshell. I thought, few are interested in long stories, so I kept them short, while they mean a lot.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very nice, Hans and Anne-Marie! Your voices blend very well together. Good song and mix also, Hans.

Hi Dave, did you let your wife listen to the lyrics? Did she understood something?
But thanks for your compliments, Dave.

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Birchwood,
Very sweet musical composition. Nice progression in crescendo. Everything is in its place including the choirs and the symphony orchestra. Very pleasant. I enjoyed it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Hi Derochette and your alias, thanks for these nice words. I think Anne-Marie will now also have a big smile!

Originally Posted By: rayc

Hans gets naked in his native tongue.
FIRST - your voice, almost unprocessed, is GREAT.
2nd the lovely Bvox are a little too far back.
3rd the song is really good.
No idea of the topic but the sound of you singing your 1st language is the sound of comfortable, expressive unforced expression.

"...adventure books I loved to read. And I fantasized that I was there." - ran that through Bing and liked it.

Nice one.

Hi Ray, I had some difficulties with that 'getting naked' expression. In public I don't want to be naked...
But thanks a lot for your fine words, although it's a pity even you didn't understand a word of it. They are such well thought out lyrics and then you said that...

I haven't told Anne-Marie yet you think her vocals are to far to the back. I made her do this. I wanted her vocals to become louder in the second part of the song, which they did. Otherwise they could work out a bit distracting, was my believe.

And then you said something my sister, living in your country, also said. It felt a bit like, please keep singing in Dutch, that's better for all of us. Can you explain this to me?
But your Bing translation was very good. And it meant I liked to make my own world (or fantasize about that). It made me feel more safe. That was the main message, until the end. Then I (the person) met the spring where life arises and ends. There he met his end too.
Nice, don't you think?

I hope you all have a very pleasant day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130