I can't say enough about the Tascam line. Not long ago, I replaced mine with a Zoom R-16. Now, you'll have to double check me on this, but, the last I looked, SD storage medium and the CPU had become outdated -- the CPU able to handle limited data. I don't recall the specs. With thousands of those units in use around the world, Tascam was not about to do a major redesign on the DP-03. Looking around Musician's Friend, I see they have now the TASCAM DP-03SD 8-Channel Portastudio. It claims a capacity of 32GB. It's marked down from 350$ to 300$. Note the change of name to 035-SD. In addition, Tascam was slow to adapt to the digital transfer. With the Zoom, the BAIB tracks can be rendered and transferred via thumb drive to separate tracks on the recorder. Don't even think of the hassle that is to transfer to the original DP-03.

Annoying is that the user finds this out on his own, since the Music Centers are not about to mention these features. Many times, I had the unit stop cold, a little "overload" message popped up. Of course, Tascam has great new up to date recorders for sale.

Again, I'm no expert, just a user. Still, I advise the musician look before leaping with respect to the DP-03.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --