Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers

Are you saying that even with all tracks centred and EQ & effects off the rendered tracks are still dull?

...have you noticed that sometimes the volume of the new tracks go down to close to zero volume.do you get this?

hello again Nigel,
From my experience, as recent as yesterday,centred, dry & unEQd is a bit "dull". I exported a drum track twice for a current project - one had slight variations added. I was intending to just cut n paste the changes in as & where I felt they worked and as I started I noticed the two version sounded quite different...one was "dull". I went back & checked my settings and it seems my preference for dry etc had dropped out with the last update giving me the different sounds.
It was no biggy to tweak in Reaper to make a match, (though, usually, matching BIAB's reverb is a problem), there was a solid wallop of reverb & a couple of units of top end to get within cooee, but it was a stark difference. In the end I didn't go with the variant sections as I rather like the persistent, insistent plod of my original grab.
The volume thing - I've not noticed becasue I spend very little time inside BIAB - I find, export and work in Reaper without paying attention to levels etc in BIAB.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe