Re…Not Rocket Science.

It might not be rocket science , but i would respectfully suggest getting a new//the right pc for music production is not a trivial matter…..as oodles of threads on various recording threads like gearspace and reaper.fm will attest, …as well as lots of you tube vids/pc builds etc…

And even people like Pete B of microsoft (who has a v nice recording daw rig..)...do an excellent article with lots of great advice.
In addition big recording studios often use custom builders of recording pc’s. They would not be doing that if it was easy to get any old pc off the shelf.
there are people also adept at pc builds who sometimes choose a builder of custom pc's for music production.
Then of course one sees on various forums including pg here , people new to daw’s having probs…often due to an underpowered pc not matching their true needs.

Frankly ive been very tempted this time…to go apple mini as i love the apple M processor power/tech approach.
But the number of ports and future expandability concerns/upgradeability has me concerned.
a desktop pc is more flexible.
I agree with Pete B of microsoft bout using desktops for music production.
So thats the route i will prolly take…with 3 v fast ssd’s. One for win…one for traks…one for sample orch libs. Etc .

Ps.
let me apologise as the op for not replying earlier.
The docs have had me wired up like one of those decades old synthesisers …lol, and running lots of tests. but thankfully just told all is great. So wife n i are really happy. Party party..lol.

happiness to all.
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/10/22 02:54 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)