Rise

I finally had time to work with the voice of Synthesizer V Solaria. I chose a song I wrote in 2014, because it is one of my favorite and has quite different feel than in my usual songs. I think it was inspired Crimea event at that time, although originally the song was about the Novgorod Republic and a wish of the return of its Veche bell (Novgorod was the eastern neighbor of Finland when Finland was part of Sweden, Novgorod was totally destroyed in 1570 by Ivan the Terrible, the first Tsar of Russia). Now that Ukraine may face the same fate, I rewrote the lyrical content to reflect the situation where the independence of a country is threatened by dark forces. I hope the story doesn't sound too gloomy.

The lead vocalist Solaria is used in the instant mode (AI auto pitch tuning), Solaria and Kevin in the backing vocals are used in normal mode. I had problems with "p s" combination of consonants (sounding more like "k s"), I used "p z" instead, maybe there is a better workaround or the bug will be fixed in a future version. Otherwise, Solaria sounds really convincing, especially in the instant mode and I could spend ages to finetune each syllable.

I used the Slavic Vocals for the melody in the bridge part, thanks for the suggestions on this forum. Also Cantus VST is used in the last chorus.

RealDrums: PopModernGrooveSync
RealTracks:
Acoustic bass Celtic #1162
Acoustic guitar Rhythm #1175
Acoustic guitar 12 String #1680
Acoustic guitar Picking #1765
Electric guitar 12 String #1029
Acoustic piano #887
String Quartet #2335

Mixed in Adobe Audition

Vocals: Synthesizer V Solaria (Lead, backing), Synthesizer V Kevin (backing), Cantus (backing), Slavic Vocals (bridge melody)

Lyrics:

Rise the nation that's hurt
rise above the troops of hell
rise from the ashes of Apocalypse
to toll again the freedom bell.

The rising sun
its journey to dye
yellow corn fields
beneath the azure sky.
The rising grain
the harvest of toil
the yield of the soil