I have used BIAB with Kontact in the past with no real problems.

On the techinical side, you need to be looking at the note Duration (see picture). This tells the midi notes when to turn off. Otherwise, the general program changes (CC) definitions and actions should be functional, but admitedly better used in your DAW.

Here are my favorite definitions:

Modulation is a change of pitch. CC1
• Modulation is a change of pitch.
• Modulation can be whatever the patch is set to perform.
• Modulation can used to move between different sample layers. Play a chord with a string patch; move the mod wheel down, and what you'll hear is 1 sample cross-fading into another sample, until the quietest sample recorded once the mid wheel is at 0.

Expression is a change of volume. CC11
• Expression is whatever the patch is set to perform.
• Expression isn't so much an overall volume control (that would be CC7) but a sub volume fader. This is useful for carving out dynamic changes, such as note fades, swells, crescendos, etc.
• The benefit of using expression (CC11) over volume (CC7) for this purpose is that if you carve out those dynamics via CC11 and a channel is later realized to be too high or low in the mix, you can adjust the overall level of the channel.

Velocity is basically just Volume. CC7
• Velocity is a measurement of how hard you are hitting the keys. This can result in triggering different sample layers, but the most common result is the samples simply play louder. A practical example of velocity is triggering different samples of a piano played harder/softer.
• A patch may be designed to produce different waveforms based on velocity--for example; a wind instrument patch might have a more aggressive attack at higher velocities--but this is still based on the idea of volume.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (124 KB, 73 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper