My dog had his first test of extended off-leash time and I was pleased to see how he stayed near by and didn't get distracted and wander off. We were busy doing our thing for maybe what, 4 hours, and the dog pretty much laid on the ground outside of where he knew I was, making short trips to the water bowl and to visit with other people who were around, but always returning to the place he knew the guy who feeds him was sitting. There were a few scenes we had to do a second take on, some discussion of what the next segment needed to include, and things like that, so that particular day was a fairly intense day. I had to shoot some establishing footage, and enough drone shots to be able to have them for the "dead spots" where there was really no action to match the audio.

As the video assembly went on I vacillated between "WHY did I say I would do this" and "Man this is a great opportunity for me because I am learning so much about Vegas Pro". I won't bore you with the details other than to say there was a LOT of stitching, editing, stretching the tiles in the "how to assemble a song" section, syncing things to the audio... But I will say that the learning angle made it all worth while for me. Everybody had their role and did them well. The conceptual and writing side, the technical/audio side, the video side...

At the core though was the opportunity to meet people who had in the past contributed parts for my songs and offered advice in the forums. We would be remiss is we didn't make sure to point out that Jim Foley was 100% in on the concept but had some personal level things come up that prevented him from physically contributing. We all felt his presence as we worked though. In fact I think he stepped on my toe once! And maybe helped keep my dog close by. All in all, I'd do this again without as much as a second thought. Good ol' bunch of good ol' boys!

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.