It's hard to say how much fun, Floyd. The way the day flowed, the laughter all day long, the comfort level of where we were at... it was all great. This mattered to me personally on a couple of levels. The main one is that this kind of event is the kind of thing I have to force myself to attend. I deal with PTSD, and Bud may weigh in here to note that PTSD can manifest itself in many ways. With me it has affected me in a way that I am always "on guard". I am not comfortable in crowds, so I don't go to concerts, movies, bars... When I do make myself go to a bar to see a songwriter, I stay one set and leave because being in even small crowds make me nervous and anxious. I am an extreme loner who, at almost 71, has a grand total of 4 people I feel correct to call friend. With these guys it was different. THESE guys... I was comfortable and at ease all day. The personalities involved, while varied, were such that I was not the least bit uncomfortable. Herb was an extremely gracious host. Charlie is funny as hell. Dave is both bombastic and gregarious. Pat, an introvert like me, was wide open and also very funny. It truly felt like a group I have known my whole life. I was truly grateful to be involved in this from the personal level as much as the musical level.

The song flowed from everybody and it was collaboration in the purest form. Herb did a large part of the writing. Dave added some tweaks. I put in the part about being the one who escaped winter and driving from Ohio. Charlie's scene in the rocking chair was great. It was like sitting at grandpa's knee learning about life.

Great day all around!

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.