Originally Posted By: peterkirk
PG sent me instructions for MME, i,d like to record audio [ guitar/ mic] i,d just like to record or be able to at least anything !! Im not using MME tho! I obviously need ASIO ! Why send me instructions for MME then ? Thats a lot of settings you show on your link............. am intimidated...............i have to go thru all that?

05/21/2022

Originally Posted By: peterkirk
... Still not successfully connected Mic or guitar as yet nor since 2019. Cant even jam with it.

No. You don't. You don't have to suffer the intimidation or frustration.

Transition recording your mic and guitar over to a stand alone digital multi track recorder and either use the SD card or USB cable to move the recorded tracks to your PC and DAW.

Dump the audio interface. Tracks recorded on the external recorder will be indistinguishable from tracks recorded into an audio interface.

No MME
No ASIO
No WAS
No Windows audio changes or setup
No Drivers to load and configure
No Latency
No Input device to configure in BIAB/RB

For recording guitar and vocals, I recommend the Tascam DP-03SD. If you plan to do all of your post processing in your DAW, then the Tascam DP-006 will be sufficient for recording. Both the six tracks of the 006 and the eight tracks of the DP-03 are irrelevant to your specific needs and are not a restriction or limitation. These hardware devices are ideally suited and work extremely well with a program like BIAB that's generating high quality tracks to work with.

You'll enjoy immediate success recording your mic and guitar. It's simple to transfer recorded audio files back and forth between the recorder and your PC and DAW.

Here's a recent video describing using a hardware multi track recorder in a home studio.

Best Home Recording Studio for under $400

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.