Originally Posted By: brek
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
... Lots of win users want to run multiple music apps “concurrently” and “fluidly”.
For example biab AND a daw (reaper/1/realband/cubase etc) and other apps.
So they can move easily between each and have multiple apps open at the same time…
And the KEY being one music app running not locking out use of other music apps.

As i understand it, by using a MC driver , thus, the music producer can achieve above.
Ie multiple music apps running concurrently. ...
That's the way I understood your question. Unless I missed it, or my points above were not clear, you have not yet addressed my question as to why someone cannot do this at present using only the ASIO low latency driver on the one digital audio application that is doing the recording. None of the other applications one might choose to have open concurrently (and I question the wisdom of doing that while recording) need low latency. Could you please address that? Thanks.

It's clear this thread is not relevant to you, so why not just sit it out rather than hijacking an opportunity for users to share useful information?

Interfaces I have used:
SSL: yes
Behringer UMC: yes
Steinberg UR28m: NO

One thing to note is that while the Behringer and SSL support MC, I have found there is a usable limit of only 2 or 3 clients at a time (as opposed to the infinite clients RME claims to support).

For this reason, I still run everything -- except my primary DAW -- through Voicemeeter.
Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum. You couldn’t know from many other threads (and years) that this is very relevant to me and I would love to get more information, including a tutorial on why some believe this is important.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors