Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/summer-of-sound-2021/instruments-effects-upd-upg/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=SoS%20announcement%20all%20%7C%20KIE%20Owners%20%7C%2001/06/21&utm_id=3a414eb2-c941-4315-bdda-c5dee7a62922

What I would like to know, since I've just begun exploring these sounds, is: does Kontakt 6 ever go on sale? It's $399. If you already have this, or other expansions, then the sale above offers 50% off the updates. But if you don't have it, it seems there is only the fixed retail price. True?

Also, it appears that for another $200, you can get (at retail) Komplete 13 regular, which includes Kontakt 6 and a bunch of sounds. Does THAT ever go on sale?

Thanks for any tips.

Right now, Kontakt is half price at $199.00. This is without my logging in to see any discounts or upgrades to which I am otherwise entitled.

Komplete Catalog page

That said, Komplete @ $599 is a very good deal but you can get it for less. Although Komplete Select does not include Kontakt, it is $199 — Upgrade to Komplete 13 for another $199 and get Kontakt that way.

Komplete Upgrade from Select at Sweetwater.

I'm posting Sweetwater links because once I log into my account, I can't see any other upgrades besides my own.

NI runs these 50% twice per year with an exception: When there's a major upgrade (12 to 13 etc.) They often skip a year or two so you can't count on them occurring regularly.

I eventually wound up with KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION for the expanded orchestra libraries. It took a few years when I missed the 50% sale from Komplete 12 for the next one to come along so I didn't get it till last fall.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5