Originally Posted By: Jerry - PG Music
Hello jcland,

After testing using the songs you supplied in your dropbox link, it appears that the | File | File utilities... | Auto-rename song files to Long File Names.. | isn't working. I'll be sure to pass this along to our developers so they can create a fix for future update.

Thanks Jerry for looking into this. Feel free to grab all the files on the DropBox link to pass along to the Developers. I will leave them up until they can come up with a fix.

UPDATE: I just tried a little experiment which might get you going in the right direction. I noticed that everyone of the 350 song files had the same style, ZZJAZZ.STY, assigned to them. After BIAB suggested the better RT style (_JAZFRED.STY) I decided to bulk change the style of all the songs using the File-File Utilities-Change all songs in the current folder to a specific style...

Once all 350 songs were changed to _JAZFRED.STY, I then used the Long Filename utility. Lo and behold, everyone of the songs were renamed to the proper long file name on the hardrive.

I am beginning to think that the problem just might not be in the BIAB program but might have been in the song files themself.

Anyways, by changing all the songs to a new style, the Long Filename routine works. On the files where I did not change the style, I am unable to rename them.

The other drawback of using this method is that I also have a directory with 532 songs but those are a mixed batch of old styles such as ZZJAZZ ZZBOSSA ZZCOUNTRY and so on, so I cannot just bulk change those to a single style.

Anyways, the common denominator is that all of the songs that I was never able to auto rename were songs dating back to the beginning of BIAB.

Have fun with this one.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB