Sweet Eyes

"Sweet Eyes" Notes

This is the first post from me in quite some time. I came across this old Mp3 file on a hard disk this morning and played around with it in BIAB.

It's an original song written and recorded in 1984. The original I played two acoustic guitar parts and a lead vocal. I only have a Mp3 of the original recording and the file is 2.21 mb at 96kb.

I used Spleeter to extract the vocal track and used an Audacity preset eq setting I developed for Spleeter Tracks and also used the Noise Reduction preset of Audacity to reduce instrumentation artifacts remaining in the extracted vocal track.

The original song recording was recorded without a click track and varied from 99 to 105 bpm throughout the song.

I used a copy of the original Mp3 imported into BIAB to analyze and populate the Chord Chart as well as determine a tempo map.

With the chords charted and a tempo map complete, I used the ACW to equalize the Mp3 copy to a constant tempo of 101bpm.

I used the ACW copy of the original Mp3 to extract the vocal track from Spleeter which provided vocals that align with the constant tempo. I imported the isolated vocal track and confirmed it was synced with the imported Mp3 track that has vocals and instrumentation and upon confirmation the two tracks were synced, I 'Killed' the imported Audio Track and left the isolated vocal track on Utility Track #1.

The BIAB Style and Track info:

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Sweet Eyes ACW
File:Sweet Eyes ACW.SGU
Key=D , Tempo 101, Length (m:s)=3:19
No intro. 82 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 82. Repeat x1 chorus

Song is saved with Volume,Pan,Reverb,Chorus,Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style is _ACHARGS.STY (Slow Country/Folk w/ Harmonica)

RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 626:Harmonica, Background Travis Ev 085

Enjoy. Comments or questions welcome.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.