Hello,

I feel some frustration with BIAB (currently BIAB 2021 for Windows).

On the one hand, I am very happy to be able to benefit from this software which is a precious help for working on music and for composing, especially with the real tracks which are of excellent quality. And for that, thank you, thank you, thank you!

On the other hand, I find the reliability and ergonomics to be quite deplorable.
There are a lot of bugs and support often asks us to reset the bar settings to get past a bug, which is very frustrating when you've spent time tweaking the settings. There are also many functions that refuse to run in certain contexts (actions on tracks in particular), without anyone knowing why (and which would require thinking like the developers)

Despite some efforts, the ergonomics remain poor and, more than a refresh, would require a complete overhaul, by defining the concepts that we want to expose to the user, the associated functions...
I tried to make some feedbacks in this direction, but mys interlocutors semmed not really aware of the problem and the path to follow. Half-heartedly, I was told that I had to learn to use the software, that it was worth it.

I am a computer scientist in medical informatics, and in this field it cannot be assumed that the user will adapt to the logic of the developer. And we rather make sure via ergonomics, that the user cannot be mistaken.
For me, this approach should be the one adopted for any software (and as a computer scientist, I find this approach very interesting).

Know that if I take the trouble to send this email, it's because I love BIAB and I wish with all my heart that this software continues to live and that it continues to hold out against aggressive competitors (UNISON MIDI CHORD PACK and others).
I therefore hope that you will not take me for a simple lesson, but rather as a few who are fighting to make BIAB progress.

Cordially