I also am a guitarist whom also plays bass. A guitarist learning bass can be a very good thing or a very bad thing. While playing bass you MUST think like a bassist, ALWAYS in the pocket with the kick and snare, and not like a guitarist, who has liberties to do as he wishes when it come to timing and phrases.

I would start with MIDI styles as the bass lines will always have notation. A lot of RT styles also have notation, look for the line under bass. Start with simple songs even though you may not like the genre. Later you can get into more complicated styles. Of course this assumes that you can read music.

As a 4 string bass notes' names are identical to the bottom 4 strings of a guitar, only one octave lower, you probably already have some guitar lines you can convert to the bass.

Knowing how to read music and have at least some knowledge of music theory can help. Even if you don't know theory but you know that the notes C-E-G make a C major chord you already know what bass notes will always work for a C major chord. The same works for any other chord that you know the note names.

I hope this helps and good luck.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware