2022 Band-in-a-Box for Windows has a Track Settings And Settings window that consolidates many track settings and actions into one window.

It would be nice to create a new track command that moves everything (instrument and track data) associated with a track from it's existing track position to a different track position.

I believe this command needs to be a multi-step process. Step 1 selects a track. Step 2 freezes a track. Step 3 selects the "new" track. Step 4 moves the instrument and data. Step 4 clears instrument and data from the existing track and loads the instrument and data into the new track. Step 5 unfreezes the instrument and data.

I anticipate the main reason users will want the command is to sequence instruments into a desired order so like instruments can be grouped together. For example this command will enable left and right hand piano or guitar 1 and guitar 2 to easily be moved adjacent to each other. See +++ THIS POST +++ by BassThumper for a discussion of the track ordering idea.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (174.96 KB, 150 downloads)
2022 BiaB for Windows F7 - Track Settings & Actions Window

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home