I've been a loyal BIAB customer for a number of years now. Love the product, love the company...if you were to search my posting history, you'd be hard pressed to find anything I've ever said remotely negative about the program or PG Music as a company.

That said, in my unsolicited opinion, this has been handled badly. I ordered (and paid for) my audiophile version nearly two weeks ago, and it still hasn't shipped. I understand there are actually real-world problems that have caused that, and I'm patient about delays...when I'm communicated with.

There is the rub. There's no communication. I had to reach out to learn this information. No offense, but I shouldn't have to get on the phone, send an email, or go to an online chat to find out that the shipments have been delayed. A simple update from PG Music would have alleviated my concerns.

It was suggested to me that I could download the program. That would provide me (as I understand it) with MP3s of the realtracks as opposed to the WAV files in the physical audiophile version. No offense, but if I wanted MP3s that's the version I would have purchased.

I purchase music-related products online all the time. Guitars, recording equipment, gig bags, etc. - you name it. On many, many occasions a product I've ordered is on back-order, or out of stock, or otherwise unavailable to ship right away. 100% of the time I'm notified by the company I've purchased from that there's going to be a delay in shipment/delivery. It's just good business to do so...avoids misunderstandings and upset customers.

I would respectfully suggest that this is a practice that PG Music considers implementing in the future.