Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music

With a single-lane slot, that's severely restricting the bandwidth to and from the card. The interesting thing about those types of PCIe slots is that you can technically put a full-size card in them, if you cut away the plastic part of the slot that stops the card from fitting (and there aren't other components next to the slot that would interfere) - this actually works, though it forces the video card to use only one PCIe lane (or however many the slot has), so it's typically not a high-performance solution. In this case, I'd replace the motherboard with one that can take a full x16 card.

Choosing a motherboard became a more time consuming process for me at the point that I realized that using all of your available expansion slots can quite often change the number of lanes available to your video card. I spend much more time now analyzing what various configurations of cards are going to do to my number of available lanes before I make a MB choice.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti