I remember being in Sault Ste Marie on this day in 1997, and having a day off because the holiday. I got on a tourist train and went up to the Agawa River Canyon to take pictures. Beautiful place. I wandered so far away I almost missed the train going back. A bit of a train ride but as a city boy I had never ridden that kind of a train. I had done Amtrak for trips to Chicago but never an open windowed sightseeing train. Fortunately height doesn't bother me because some of those curves really showed the elevation. There was a woman in front of me who turned and commented about the view. I just said "Yeah. Especially down!"

The downside was that on our July 4th we had to work. I remember our singer putting on his guitar and breaking into Springsteen's 4th Of July, Asbury Park (also known as Sandy), which we did not play. I was able to quickly find the accordion patch to play Dan Federeci's part under the chorus. It was really quite a moment and some of the guys were teary eyed. When we were done I walked out front and gave him the "one armed bro hug". And we never played that song again.

Once on a night I was feeling playful (also in Canada) I played the intro to Desperado like 4 times every night for the whole week. On Saturday, the last night we played, when I did it, he went into the song fo' realz. Being musicians in a real improvisational sense of the word, we played the song, NAILING the harmonies in the chorus (Thank you Ensoniq for your "aaaahhhh" sample) and not a soul in that room knew we had never played that song before. I miss playing with people who can think on their feet at that level. The bass player came over after the set and said "Do you have a vocal sample I don't know about because I KNOW that wasn't just the 3 of us singing those chords." I just smiled. Good laugh on that one. And once again, we never played that song again.

So, to all you PG people that help keep the music flowing, Happy Canada Day, eh!!!

Last edited by eddie1261; 07/01/22 05:19 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.