Hello to all my old friends.
Life has been a bit up and down over the past few years. A few years ago, I lost almost everything, became homeless, etc. Coming up on two years ago, I was fortunate enough to go to work for the State of Washington, and I am still employed there, albeit for a different agency Money is really tight for me, as I'm sure it is for many of us right now. Having said, that I'm not really able to purchase a new computer right now, but I'm not sure the computer is my problem.

I have four hard drives in this computer, and I had BIAB installed on the E drive, and it's been stuttering, really bad. I can't get it to play a song because it keeps stopping and starting.

So, I had an inexpensive sound card in there with digital S/PDIF Optical in and out. That card was giving me other troubles, so I just put a Creative Labs Z SE card in there. There is no change in the stuttering.

I went ahead and copied the BB folder from the E drive to the C drive. I wanted to copy it because I have all my songs in there, aftermarket styles from Norton Music, and I just wanted to make sure that everything got copied over. I did a clean install to that directory, but the stuttering continues.

Now, my computer is old, it's an Intel i5 3330, but it's 3.3GHz, has 12 gigs of RAM, so it should meet the requirements. My laptop is ancient, it's like a Celeron 2.4GHz, and has 8 gigs of RAM in it. I installed BIAB 2021 on that, and it works fine.

I'm pretty sure the issue isn't in the computer, but if anyone has any ideas on how to proceed, I sure would love to hear them.

I'm guessing what I'm going to have to do is to copy everything that I want to save out of the BB directory to somewhere else, and do a complete reinstall to a clean BB directory, but I really don't want to do that.

I'm open for suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!