I want to address some of these posts all here.

First, I've sent BIAB Support a video of the stuttering. The video I sent had the song starting, and played all the way up to bar 27 before the tracks started to regenerate. This is a problem that is not related to the audio card or drivers. I'm beginning to think it's a CPU or Motherboard issue. I'm going to have to treat it as such.

Blake, you said: Can you reproduce the problem with 2021?
Or is it only happening with 2022?

I had, at one time or another, 2018, 2021 and now 2022 installed on the computer. When I upgraded, I upgraded over the previous install, which is I originally thought this might have been a software issue. I AM running 2021 on a laptop, an old Celeron actually, and it runs fine there. I suspect if I put 2022 on there, it would also run fine. The reason I need to use it on the desktop is my A/D and D/A converters are external and require optical S/PDIF.

Mario, I believe that I am going to have to replace the computer. Right now, money is seriously tight, and I don't have it. Makes me cry not having the money, too, because Korg just released the keyboard I want to replace my 12-year-old keyboard. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PA5X76--korg-pa5x-76-76-key-arranger-workstation :-) :-D ;-p

Matt, I agree, real tracks generation does put a burden on the CPU, which is why it seems longer and longer to generate the tracks, but, having said that, once the tracks are generated, they're just audio files being played, and even if you have up to 10 audio files playing at once, most computers, even older ones, should be able to handle that. Once generated, the playback (and I've only been using four or five tracks) shouldn't stop to regenerate the tracks.

OM, I haven't had the opportunity to test yet, but my Edirol interface is one of these. https://www.roland.com/global/products/ua-1g/

Bob, I've shut down all sorts of programs, and when using BIAB, my computer free resources are in excess of 75%. Since this is actually having the tracks stop in the middle of the song and regenerate, this is not an audio issue. The audio output stutters and stops because Band In A Box is, for some unknown reason, regenerating the audio tracks inside of the program. I've asked PG Music, they say it's not a software issue, but probably a computer issue. I don't understand that, because there are times when the files play back perfectly, once generated, and other times when it stops at the second bar, the 27th bar, or the 42nd bar to regenerate. So, if it was a computer problem, why the differences? If it's a software problem, why doesn't it do it all the time?

I'm going to have to find a way to buy a new computer, or find a mobo, cpu and ram that I can replace what I have here (even used) and try that. But, for now, I don't have the money, so it's going to have to sit on the back burner.

If I need to record a song, I can use the BIAB PlugIn in Cakewalk and create the audio tracks there, but actually working on a song or trying to find the right styles, or mixing styles, etc., has to be done in BIAB, and of course, that's where the problem is. By the way, generating the audio tracks in the plug in works flawlessly.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!