Gary.

I would definitely try that edirol and see if the stuts go away.
If it has a user control panel try increasing the buffers. same for creative if it lets you change buffers.

A point to make is most audio interfaces today have such a control panel with a myriad of features including ability to change the buffers.
If the setting is too low sometimes the pc cant handle it and stuts occur. Something important to bear in mind. Does the creative have a buffer control panel ??

Another point is certain daw’s report stats on a sound device.
One aspect i like bout reaper daw is at top right it reports the latency of a sound device. I’m 4ms or less. if cake has this feature its sometimes useful in diagnosis.
If its too low stuts might occur. It would be interesting feedback to rest of us if you could report the latency in ms reported for the creative.

I’m also curious if you get stuts in realband. If you dont in rb but DO in bb,...
his is something to diagnose. .thus i would suggest genning rt’s etc in rb and see what happens.

Gary in addition re new pc, you dont have to spend a lot.
I , and others on these forums love refurbished off lease pc's.
Many of which are beasts of a pc if selected wisely …that can often be had for less than 400 buckies. ..look for HP Z (or lenovo or dell equivalents) workstations.
just google refurbished HP (or lenovo or dell) workstation , 32 gb ram , ssd etc etc.

The states is flooded with off lease beasts of pc’s for little money that come with lots of memory, and you can stuff em’ with multiple ssd’s. AND they often come with 1 year warranties.
I love refurbs cos all the junk is taken off them and with the right refurber they are performance tuned. Just ensure when buying you can return for full refund. Thats what i do…and it might be hard to believe ,...
BUT over many years of buying refurbs i havent had even ONE problem with any. an old refurb i have boots into win in a few secs from cold. same for bb.

Just trying to help/happiness/wishing only the best.
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 07/08/22 03:52 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)