This is has occurred a number of times, I first noticed it in the '21 version but it has happened again with the '22 release. I'm running '22 BIAB on a iMac, Monterey version 12.4, & have 16gb of memory.

Here are the steps that lead to the error, which doesn't happen all the time, but frequent enough to be bothersome.
- I create a song with no repeats, the "end" measure being measure #59.
- in the song, I have 8 real tracks + 1 loop
- I generate the song, and I'm happy with what I have and am ready to export the audio files.
- I render to audio, one file per track, as WAV files, 24 bit PCM and a sample rate of 48.0 khz

* as a sidebar, I always use the "render to audio files" option and export the files onto an external HD where I keep all my session files. This includes the rendered BIAB real tracks, the BIAB sgu file, and eventually the session save from my DAW (Logic Pro X, version 10.7.4). I do this to keep everything in one place.

- after rendering the audio files to the external HD, ON OCCASION I will see some unusual files added. For example, there will be the bass track (Bass.wav) but then an additional bass track (Bass_backup_48000hz.wav). Something similar for the drum track, the drums.wav and then an additional drums_backup_48000hz.wav. This is when I have my "uh oh" moment, because I know what's coming next.

- when I import the rendered audio files into Logic, everything is jacked up. This occured today BEFORE I even opened up Logic. The two measure count in, gone. Some of the audio tracks begin several bars early or late. Some jump to double time or half time. Basically a great big mess.

- now when I go back to BIAB, the Mixer has changed: where it used to say "Drums", it will say Artist 1, Artist 2, etc., with nothing loaded and a notation that says Stereo 32-bit or Mono 32-bit. The real tracks I had loaded onto those specific tracks are gone, and when I try to reload/re-generate them, nothing happens.

When this error has occurred, the only solution I've found is to completely delete the SGU file and start all over.

I'm curious as to several things:
1) am I doing something wrong that is causing this? (I figure this is most likely)
2) if not, has anyone else experienced a similar issue?
3) if so, is this a known issue that will be fixed in an upcoming patch?

On this most recent song, the realtrack instruments that "disappeared" were as follows:

- Bass, Electric, ModernCountry16ths
- Guitar, Electric, Rhythm, DublinPopSlowLowSteady
- Drums, which were MalletsFolk16ths

Appreciate any help or thoughts.

*edit to add* I just noticed, on the disappeared tracks, the "freeze" button has changed from the snowflake to what looks to be the audio edit icon.

Last edited by Roger Brown; 07/15/22 10:52 AM.