The Passport website now shows that Don Williams, the original programmer of Encore music notation software and Master Tracks Pro, has acquired the assets from GVOX and will revive Encore with a version 6.

I used Encore from the late 1980s and was a beta tester from two decades. This could be good news, as Encore was always the most user-friendly of the notation software solutions out there. It's been stuck on version 5 for well over ten years, and the shareware/pirated versions out there appear to be even worse, version 4.

Encore became a horrible buggy mess in the GVOX years. In 2013, I wrote four songs for a symphony orchestra and cannot believe the amount of my wasted time from crashes. Even now I hold my nose and fire it up once in a while to load one of the thousands of older scores I wrote using it, and then convert it to Music XML so I can get out of Encore. It may be too late for them, though; most of us abandoned Encore years ago. I use Notion by Presonus and it will take a phenomenal rewrite of Encore to coax me back.

Still, it's something to watch, here: https://passportmusic.com/

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors