The music police....

They are real. I was playing in a house band. Great gig. So one night the club owner came to see us in the dressing room and asked us for copies of set lists. It seems a representative of one of the two big PRO's had showed up, looked at the tunes in the Juke Box, and noticed our gear and wanted to know what songs we were playing on a regular basis. We gave him a whole stack of the set lists that covered several months of 4 sets per night. The PRO wasn't after the band for the money... they were after the venue owner to collect royalty money from him.

In another band.... before I had been hired to play guitar with them, the lead singer/artist had recorded a pop song that was a cover of a hit from several years back. He had it pressed into 45 RPM and was selling them as well as playing the song at his gigs. The music police informed him that he didn't buy the rights to the song and therefore....cease and desist all sales of product immediately. So he had a big box of unsellable vinyl. As it turned out, the copyright owner was refusing all attempts to buy the license needed. Something about the song being tied up in legal limbo and well..... no you can't use it currently. Wasn't any of my business and as long as I was paid for the gigs.... I was good. He gave me a copy of the record....I think I still have it around here somewhere. It's not very good. Maybe that's why they told him to stop selling it.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.