Originally Posted By: rayc
I've almost given up on the Style Picker.
Most times I use a song or band to find a style I get a list where the constituents &/or the audition have little to nothing to do with "my" perception of the style.

I suspect getting additional Real Tracks to make the styles accurate would be more effective & efficient than creating additional styles that are more or less inaccurate.

Advertising additional styles is clever as well as effective as I always look/think about it but I now know it isn't going to result in accurate matches.

I half decided to buy the new styles packs but did a quick search again looking for the styles I like to write within in the 2022 package. There are styles galore & for many of my preferred things but the actual tracks within them, and sounds from them, really don't bear even a passing resemblance.

Yeah, you're right about the less-than-usefulness of the song/band search feature. Every time I try it I typically get a huge list of styles that sound nothing like the song/band in question. And the 8 character filenames are not all that helpful. Even the genre tags are often bringing up lots of styles that seem not well suited for the selected genre.

About the best thing I have figured out is to listen to the style demo and if it sounds promising then demo the style with your chords. Jim's tips above might be very helpful with this effort.