A style is what it is and sounds like it sounds. It's a single component of a multi-component process to achieve closely matching and capturing the feel and groove of a song or band.

The original post mentions Using the StylPicker and filters along with searching by a band name or song title doesn't yield good results. I agree. It's too coarse and sparse to provide all the opportunities for an accurate match to a specific band or song.

More parameters are necessary for success. BIAB provides multiple tools and techniques for the user to add additional components to a BIAB style when attempting to match a style with a particular song or band. Adding a single application or combinations of a MIDI Song, Single MIDI Tracks, WAV/MP3 files/snippet sample, Loops, UserTracks and Artist Performance Tracks to an audition, allows someone to possibly get a near note perfect replication of a song or band sound from BIAB styles. That can become a template for a cover, Karaoke rendition or template for an 'in the style of' project.

Forum user Mr. Henry Clarke has several good video tutorials how he uses the ACW or MIDI Files to capture the feel of a song or band so he can use BIAB to create a cover or an original that's 'in the style' of a particular artist or song.

I've attached a screenshot showing some of the additional tools I use that some may not have tried in their workflow. These tools let me search and audition the Play over Current Chord Chart feature in the StylePicker dialog and hearing them in an 'in the style of' a specific song or band's unique sound. With these tools and techniques, I've been able to replicate accurate sound tracks for folks to perform with.

The Rolling Stones and Otis Redding were both blues/Soul genre influenced recording artists but each had their own identifiable sound. No one would mistake the Otis Redding cover of "Satisfaction" as the Rolling Stones version.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 2022-07-22 092323.jpg (407.89 KB, 286 downloads)
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 07/22/22 12:48 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.