Lots of interesting stuff.
I really enjoy using BIAB. I'm a little frustrated on occasion is all.

Jim,
I'll try the chord sheet thing because it sounds like fun...thanks.

However when the machine pulls up a "lite pop bass" for Joy Division etc. then the limits to stylistic variation in the real tracks becomes the issue. Of course I understand the chances of having a Peter Hook style bass RT are nada and I used that example as an extreme but many styles are a case of mend & make do.
Luckily I'm still able to do the bass line myself, or fumble through a guitar thing but not having a JD style drum part would kill off that idea within BIAB and send me to a drum program.

Charlie,
You seem to mistake my wish for a lack of understanding of BIAB.
I used to use ACW before it changed - it was a useful tool when needed. I do wish it could be more like it used to be OR the manual a little clearer on a) the changes & b) how to use it now. I don't like the Audio Edit function at all as, to me, it's neither intuitive nor a good GUI. I have a couple of other programs that work better for me.
I've dabbled successfully with user tracks, my 1st option is always RDrums as many of the midi ones still sound "midi". I'm not too keen on BIAB Midi for the same reason though have had some success with Super Midi Tracks - in fact I used SMT strings, heavily rewritten, for my latest in the User Showcase as the RTs didn't fit.

I return to my point that the RTs used in styles are often not up to the style's needs.

Last edited by rayc; 07/22/22 02:15 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe