<" ... bottom line…songs are hours n' hours of grinding work..and computer algorithms only can take one so far.

lets say i'm a new user this year to bb nd i wanna do a song ala doobies china grove and i expect to put into algorithm 'doobies china grove style//rt's//rd'..so all i have to then do is add my vocs. sorry aint gonna happen imho.">

I think you're spot on except for this comment.

Whether one's attempting to make a unique cover, Karaoke track or accurate backing track, doing a song 'in the style of' or a 'nearly an exact sounding rendition', BIAB has techniques and tools and features to accomplish this in minutes, not hours.

For those that may have an interest in how to do this in BIAB, watch these videos by BIAB user, Henry Clarke or check out Joanne Cooper's web site. She also had a tutorial to do this.

How I use BIAB and MIDI to capture the "Feel" for a song - Tutorial

In his video, he uses the drums and once he's located a style that works with the drums, he replaces the midi drums with a close RealDrums track and has an All RealTracks version of the song.
(Note: Although there's a new bug in BIAB that causes Mr. Henry's exact method to not work correctly, PG Staff is aware of the bug and state a fix is in the works. Also, there's a work around that issue if you want to follow his instructions. And there's another method to do the same thing that avoids the move/copy command with the bug.)

Here's a link to a backing track I created in the 2017 version of BIAB of the Doobie Brothers "Listen to the Music" by combining a MIDI File, RealStyle and an audio file.

Listen To The Music

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.