GH.
forgive my gear skepticism.

what baffles me mate is before this tech we have today and dsp chips (which obviously the modelers use) and plug in vst's …huge records were done with the amps of the particular era. so why arent the guitar amp manufacturers able to do it today ? every time ive gone to my local gear store in recent years (before covid) not even the pricey amps cranked me up.

maybe the dsp chip tech isnt there yet ?

when i listen to all the tech today and the 'sizzles' that drive me nuts (so i have to 'condition' the guitar trak ) i wonder if the gear manufacturers ever listen to classic rock records like 38 special hold on loosely and loads other songs.

actually to be fair to peavey mate, one of the few amps i got here now is a vpyr that i like . i can get close to the classic tones i want…but not all the way there.
if ya know what i mean...sigh.

and heres whats amazeing one of the best lead classic rock tones ive ever heard was in a big studio from a huge talent session guitarist who only had a cheap 'pignose'
and a few pedals. he was just magic on the recorded traks.
just nailed the classic tones i love.

best
om
ps...lol just to screw up my week, my headphones gave up...so i need new open backed around ear. a great pair of cheapo phones. under 100 buckies. someone posted a recommend recently , but i lost the pg thread.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 07/24/22 05:57 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)