Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
As a jazz trumpet player, one of the few things in music I have never done is a blues jam.

Perhaps that should be on the bucket list Matt.

Many "religious" people only dabble in religion and to those who lean toward the "sacred" tend to be overzealous, extremist or are using it for other purposes.

Most people who play an instrument only dabble: from kids n recorder &/or choir in primary/elementary school to "blues" guitar lawyers.

What's left of the "industry" can only support X number of players and even in it's prime the X was simply bigger, not universal.

Putting aside the brain development & learning assistance taking up an instrument provides, there's an huge music education industry for folk who start out wanting to be a star, or an adept, but end up, very happily, being dabblers.

The User Showcase is many things to many people...it's often a dumping zone for click collectors, often a "listen to me but I'll not listen to you" platform and often it's a look what I did, give me a pat on the back zone. I'm selfish, I use it for the ears of several members & the occasional collaboration with some of them. I post songs in development looking for better ears and different perspectives as I work on them. I'm happy with critical analysis of my stuff though I know many aren't interested in that sort of help. Afterward I'll post a finished song &, probably, a video to demonstrate the result of the process.

I'm an old retired person and I write/play/record because it meets a need, fills a hole and I enjoy it.
I don't jam because I don't think I play well enough and despite being a teacher for 40 years, I'm quite shy.I "interact" via the internet...it's what I have.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe