<< No doubt that pro musicians can use this. And I'm never going to be a pro, just a hobbyist having fun. >>

Ok. I'm not suggesting that anyone who doesn't use or know the Nashville Number system learn and use it. I just shared that it's a tool in the BIAB tool box that anybody at any musical theory level can use.

But I do want to cast doubt that the Nashville Number System is just a cool tool for those that know it or only useful to pro level musicians.

Anyone at any musical theory level or anyone with no musical theory knowledge at all or even those with false or incorrect belief in what they think is musical theory can with access to and using the BIAB program can 'see' and 'hear' for themselves with no influence or direction from anyone, complex chords, progressions, dynamics and rhythms using Nashville Numbers.

It's not been mentioned but a relative point is a Nashville Number Chart is usually done on a per instrument part that originates from notation containing information common to all instruments such as the time signature, tempo, song structure and then expanded as needed for specific instruments. For instance if the chart Billy posted is notation for a saxophone or piano and he's playing a guitar, he can only interpret it completely, correctly and precisely if it is transcribed for the guitar part intended for him to play.

Anyone who that comes across "the C F G Am. I IV V Vi (6 minor). 1 4 5 6 minor" terms, can then by typing those numerals into a BIAB chord chart, regardless of key, tempo, feel, or time signature can - 'see' and 'hear' that progression. With that progression, a novice may have all the music needed to write a song.

BIAB's version of Nashville Numbers is quite basic and lacks a lot of symbols. But it can do more than just prime numbers. Need a seventh for the V chord, type 57. 59 for the ninth and so on. Those BIAB shortcuts work with using numbers rather than the chord name. Also 1J will give the one chord as a Maj 7th chord.

I've attached a link to a YouTube video of a band recording a song that at this mark in the video, only the musician that charted (Nashville Numbers) the song has heard. The band will listen to a demo provided by the client and then record pro-quality tracks for the client to use in his home studio and record along with these tracks. The Nashville Number Chart is discussed at the 6:35-7:08 section of the video. The whole video is well worth the time to watch. This recording session can be duplicated by anyone that has BIAB and can read the NN Chart or analyze the audio with the ACW. That a PG Music session artist is included in the band is more than sufficient evidence that BIAB is up to the task...

Tracking Day! | Gilder Cam [4]

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.