Thanks Matt

Sometime life gives me stumbling blocks. All's well that ends well, I guess. It was frustrating, I lost my temper once, but I guess I could use the adrenalin once in a great while. And I found if I yell, then apologize, the guy on the other end of the phone actually sympathized with me and tried harder to help. I'll file that away in case I need it in the future.

Oh, and I do get the increased fee.

As the situation finally got resolved, the problem seems to have been on DigiCert's end. But the solution was really weird.

They wanted proof I am a business, and I furnished, county license, state sales tax forms, website with shopping cart, pre-internet receipts when I was mail-order selling BiaB add-ons, business bank account, visa/mc merchant's account, visa/mc authorization company, and a few other things.

Because I didn't have a utility bill with my phone number on it (I use auto-pay) they didn't think I was legit. Think about that for a while.

Then finally someone at DigiCert did a Google search and found me, called the phone number listed, and said, "Now we can approve you." Go figure.

Seems to me what I furnished was a lot more difficult to forge than getting found on a Google search, but then, that's just me.

In retrospect, that's pretty funny.

The good thing is I own the certification, and it's not tied to the web host. If the web host starts screwing up, I can change easily. Since my shopping cart is also independent, there would be minimal problems.

I've been with this web host since they were the 4th company to buy out my original CyberGate web host. Unless things change, I'm not going anywhere, but it's nice to know I can.

We had a nice morning gig today, that went long, and I'm tired (a good kind of tired). So tomorrow I am going to resend my new product info with the secure announcement. Hopefully that'll make the people who want the software but were put off by the warnings feel better and be able to enjoy the new toys.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks