Time to wrap this one up and move on to the next song ;-).

But not before we thank those we didn't thank yet:

Originally Posted By: firesong
Rob and Anne-Marie...this is superb...Rob your vocal was excellent...57 is a great age for male vocals...(I thought I sang my best in my 50's...my 70's on the other hand I've found to be a challenge) and Anne-Marie always sounds perfect regardless of age (which I would never inquire about)...I love the entire production...the story is captivating with or without the video but your videos are always so apropos with the music...you two are truly artists at your craft...BRAVO!

Thank you! I think you are doing pretty great vocal wise in your 70s yourself ;-).

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Rob,
Most interesting song.
Is this a true story and if so what are the details?
Best Regards
Nigel

Thank you! The song itself is fiction, but we were (sadly) inspired by several missing children cases here in the Netherlands in the last two decades.

Originally Posted By: rayc
This has a late 60s folk pop vibe. It's a wonderful rebuild - the vocals are fabulous and everything says - coolness.

Thank you Ray!

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Loved the vocals on this! It was all terrific, but you two sound really good on this. Great mix, as always.

Thanks Brad!

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
my goodness. this is v good.

you are both right up there in talent imho...sincerely.
i love the character of the vocs.
this should be on commercial radio...

best
om

Thank you! Commercial radio? We might have, back in the 70s, when everything was possible ;-).

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Rob and Anne-Marie, this is professional all the way
Outstanding vocals and lyrics
Super guitar leads
The perfect backing band - loved those MIDI guitar parts - outstanding work
Outstanding mix

Loved it

Thank you Mario, as always your comments are appreciated!

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

This was the first song you've made with the use of BiaB? Then you made good use of it.
It's a very nice song, a good use of the instruments and your own lead guitar and a dark story.
But your vocals are very strong! As the others have said, 57 is a good year for male vocals.
However, I'm 10 years older and haven't heard much complains about my vocals (yet). So you can go ahead for at least another 10 years... ;-)

Anne-Marie with the bgv vocals sounds smooth and underlines this melancholic melody. She can go on forever!

Enjoyed it a lot,

Hans

Thanks Hans, we appreciate it. Let's hope all of us will at least be able to produce many songs in the coming 10 years!

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Wow, you 2 both have excellent voices, and they work together very well, I dig those harmonies!

And I like the mood of the song a lot, it creates a melancholic feeling somewhere deep inside. And that's what music is all about: evoke emotions...

Thank you! Agreed, getting the emotion "over" to the listener is always our primary goal ;-).

Originally Posted By: vicarn
Great job on this.
Distinctive vocals.

Vic

Thank you Vic, we appreciate the comment!

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Anne-Marie and Rob
What a sound
You have such a cool voice Rob
Excellent vocal work from both of you
It's extremely fun to hear so much quality
Great job
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thank you Andi. As always we appreciate your support!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Boy do I like how this song started. What a cool intro. Incredible vocal Rob. Anne-Marie's harmonies were so delicate. Well done. Loved the video.
Very cool to watch the video and follow the lyrics. Beautiful song..

Thank you Scott, I knew you would like the clean "Fender" sound since you very often use a mostly clean guitar sound yourself (apart from some delay of course). By the way, when it comes to Fender vs Gibson, I've always been on the Fender team ;-). I think News from Dire Straits has always been the perfect advertisement for the true Fender sound.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool!! Not sure I've heard it before but my aging brain cannot be sure. I love the video......black and white, old fashioned style really works with the story......a contrast with the dark subject. Beautifully done, and beautifully sung!!!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg. We appreciate your comment! With the extremely large amount of cool songs being posted here for years and years, it's hard to remember them all ;-).

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well, Rob, your vocals are great at any age. As Janice often says, “their vocals are sublime.”
And as Bud says at 76, "Rob just wait." smile

Those midi tracks sound very good as does your guitar. We are a sucker for the midi piano track and good piano tracks in general. Nice.

We enjoyed the video too and Janice is ready to watch an old movie now. smile

Kudo’s!

J&B

Thanks J&B! I highly doubt if I will ever make it to 76... But if I do I will surely write a song about it and post it here ;-).

Originally Posted By: Deej56
RnAM,

Crisp and compelling right from the start. The lead vocal is rich and engaging, with lovely background vocals and harmonies. Perfect mix, at least to my ears. Wow, this is wonderfully done! Excellent!

My best to both of you,

Deej

Thank you Deej. Especially coming from you, we take this as a large complement!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey this is a great song and it sounds great.

Your voice still sounds young to me though and that is a good thing!!!!

The midi works really well and the production sounds extremely well balanced.

I really, really enjoyed this. Nice video too!

Thanks David! Your kind comments are always appreciated.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Rob,

Great song and a great vocal. The production is so crisp and clear.

Loved it!

Bob

Thanks Bob. We really appreciate your comment!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/