well i have to say after listening to lots of you tube vids, and given the age of my peavey vpyr ,
and the fact i got it cheap. i'm certainly not gonna let it go. compared to lots of gtr gear ive heard for me anyway i think it does a pretty decent job. i like the ease of use.

ive struggled to find anything better for what i paid for vpyr. i use it in conjunction with reaps built in IR amp models often.

i'm not willing to spend at the kemper or helix level cos outside my budget and concern bout gear obsolescence. same concern , even tho i love the processors. re apple macbooks.
ie now the m2 cpu is coming out, can m1 systems be upgraded ? i'm glad now i didnt plop for a m1 mac.

on the subject of 'getting those sounds we all love' , i had an interesting discussion once in a studio with other musos way better than i on why with the same settings next day one couldnt reproduce the sound one liked the day before. this has happened soo many times to me over the years. one discussion centered bout maybe it was differences in temps or humidity.
and 'fingers' of course.

frankly like mario its all bout great enjoyment to me doing songs.
cos i'm not a great guitarist i resort to often several test traks, and i'm comping of course.

i'm a good comp/cut/paste jockey…lmao.

but then if i get very self critical i remind myself how many times ive seen big name guitar players completely muck up at a live concert i went to.

best
om

ps listened to the vids up thread (thanks Rayc)...frankly didnt crank me up cept maybe the hendrix pedal in some places.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/02/22 06:33 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)