Yes, that link shows what I think is being requested here. The link gives simpler examples.

I realize this won’t apply to many here, but if you work with contemporary big band jazz charts, some current composers / arrangers seem to have adopted a bad habit of over-writing the chord progression. I play the jazz trumpet chair and see this a lot. I look at the chart, say to myself ‘What were they thinking’, and analyze and rewrite the chord progression to leave only what’s important. You don’t want to blow over three different chords per measure in an uptempo jazz waltz - that’s just stupid. Then I identify any ‘must hit’ note and write it in. This might be a #9 or a b9 or the 13th or 11th, for example.

Of course, everyone composes songs differently and the more usual way is to start with a melody and harmonize that. However, I often write a chord progression first and then improvise a bit to find the ‘right’ melody notes, and construct the full melody from that. So this Wishlist request makes good sense.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors