Jim,
Basically it is correct, there are different guide/target tone concepts, but the 3-7 concept (possibly extended by #/b option tones) is sufficient for playing solos. With the third and the seventh, the core notes of each chord are described as targets - this gives a good basis to build up your own solos with then some complementary notes. In addition, chord extensions (like #9) are often relevant, because they are usually also significant tones of the original composed melody of the song.
I could think that it might be possible to create a custom Soloist file in Soloist Maker that does just that - but I'm not familiar with it - and I don't see any relevant options in the Soloist Editor input screen either. In addition, although many parameters can be set in Soloist maker, the result is rather random. The controls are also rather tricky to use.
A simple button would be nice: "Generate 3-7-Lines on Soloist track" – may be with an option "Use #/b chord extensions".

Biab/RB latest build, German Language Pak, Win 10/64 Pro, 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM. Notation SW Finale, StaffPad, SmartsScore – Playing Double Bass, Guitar, Piano