Hey you two Europeans!!

This song is very beautiful and atmospheric. Just my cup of tea.

Loved it! Great listening!!

Your story reminded me of a dear friend I had in Pigalle when I was living in Paris. He was very French and said he wanted to write a classic French novel, but could barely get a page. I asked him to read me what he had so far.

It went like this.

No More Bread in Paris
By Monsieur P.

It was raining in Montmartre for four days and my beautiful girl had left me. She said she was bored with life but she never said why.

I felt bad, but not bad enough to kill myself yet.

So I put on a raincoat and walked downstairs to buy some fresh bread, thinking the smell of it in my nose would bring me back to life.

But the Boulangerie had gone out of business. The street corner was now filthy and desolate. A working girl winked at me and I told her I wasn’t in the mood. Then she told me to…well, it was a vulgar word. She did look like a vulgar girl anyway, I think.

So I bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked one on the street while the icy rain poured down inside my neck. When the last bitter swallow of smoke had burnt the back of my throat, I dropped the butt on the ground and walked back home in the rain, like a ghost of myself. All of Paris was like a cemetery now.

I wondered if at last I had become too French. But to be honest, I felt cheated about the bread.

And I realized, that is all I had to say about Paris or life. My book was done. And so was I.

--The End--