It seems to me that the “song title search” function in BIAB only is setting and selecting four of the basic filter values i.e. Category, Time signature, Feel, and Tempo.

Probably only running the song through some type of player that analyses and find those characteristics, maybe the Feel and Category is put in manually. I don't think anyone is listening to the song and trying to rank the best match in the resulting list.

At least in my simple tests with a few songs I got exactly the same list as a result if I put in those four filter settings manually without song title search, as if I made the search by the song title search function.

And it results in the same sorting order and number of hits. So the sorting order i.e. what is on top of the list I don’t think have anything to do with “the best match” to the song at all. It is only the sorting order given by the software from those four filter parameters.

And I think that is what confuses many users at least myself since I would expect the best match to the feel of the song to be on top of the list. But the list seems to have nothing to do with the particular feel of the given song at all since I get the same result if I put in the same four parameters myself with out the song title search at all.

To me a very important component to the feel of a song is the Drum pattern as well as Bass, but as far as I can see there is no matching to best drum pattern at all.