Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
I do something similar, though as I'm jazz-oriented I tend to use a ii-V7-I-I sequence

As time permits I'll try to explore some of these jazz chord progressions as (thanks to my Matt Finley Pandora station) I'm appreciating jazz more and more.

The "newbies book" is really providing a good grounding that was heretofore, missing in my knowledge.
Page 8:
From what historians can tell, by the time the ancient world was beginning to establish itself - approximately 7000 B.C. - musical instruments had already achieved a complexity in design that would be carried all the way into the present.

Many people consider ancient Greece to be the actual birthplace of music theory, because the ancient Greeks started entire schools of philosophy and science built around dissecting every aspect of music that was known then.

. . . Wait a minute! This can't be a real caveman band. Where's the bass player???

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 34.jpg (106.29 KB, 117 downloads)
Last edited by Bass Thumper; 08/13/22 06:57 AM.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.